Powered By Blogger

Barbara Kurtz

Barbara Kurtz
Yoga Instructor & Yoga Therapist

Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - Here is a quote from Eknath Easwaran's, founder of the Blue Mountain Center of Mediation in Tamales CA - "“We all need joy, and we can all receive joy in only one way, by adding to the joy of others.” EKNATH EASWARAN (1910–1999)"

It is Thanksgiving today - a holiday that I never celebrated when I lived in Austria.  It has become one of my favorite holidays.  I enjoy the preparation and the cooking with everyone in the family helping out so it does not become too much a chore for one person.

We still have a little snow on the ground in Seattle.  It is a beautiful setting for our day of Thanksgiving.  Personally I have a lot to be thankful for.  After five years of absence, I am back to teaching yoga and having my private yoga therapy practice as well.  I am back to a career that is for me truly satisfying and I can truly say that practicing and teaching yoga is my passion.

I think when you find your passion - and I believe everyone has a passion -then life becomes special, joyful and very rewarding.  It is my wish to help others find their true passion so they also can live with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOGA FOR YOUR TYPE

Barbara teaches Viniyoga classes and has a private yoga therapy practice in Seattle on Queen Anne. She uses principles of Viniyoga, a highly adaptive style of yoga - using coordinated breath and movement in poses (asanas) which can be adapted to the experience level of the client and student. This allows for a highly enjoyable yoga experience which integrates body, mind and spirit.

Barbara has also an educational background in Ayurveda and uses Ayurvedic principles in her private practice in addition to Viniyoga to create yoga practices that are perfectly suited for the student's or client's constitution (dosha). Find out your dosha and visit the website of Ayurvedic Health and Massage center on information about Ayurveda, Ayurvedic services and products.